Monday 30 April 2007

Stretching is innate

I forgot to mention that I am the proud mother of a gorgeous 9 month old boy...
As is usual, for the last part of his time asleep, he comes into our bed.
When I woke this morning he was still asleep, but then was roused by the sound of my alarm clock. I looked over to him and saw that the first thing he did upon waking was stretch his arms, like the rest of us adults do...

It is then I thought, well no-one's taught him to do that, I don't particularly do it, nor does his dad, so he's not copying any of us....so it must be an innate bodily response to waking....

hmmm - I pondered this thought on my commute this morning - the memory of his cute little half asleep face and perfect little arms stretching in the glorious expanse (in his opinion) and much coveted territory that is mum and dad's bed!

Now at work, and procrastinating I've Googled said phenomenon.....nothing much to be read other than this funny trivia site!

www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question59407.html

No comments: